Monday 18 April 2011

Apology and Charlie Brooker on Tabloid Journalism

Firstly, apologies for not having posted enough over my short break, but it was a short break and I used it to its fullest, successfully doing nothing really. I'll be blogging more soon, especially once I'm back at university, bringing news and comment and... stuff. For now though, enjoy this mini blog and the musings of Charlie Brooker.

In today's Guardian, Charlie Brooker wrote a column about the News of the World 'phone hacking scandal' and tabloid journalism in general. Suprisingly the response was less than warm from journos but Brooker responded to scientist and fellow Guardian columnist, Ben Goldacre on Twitter saying, "@bengoldacre Am honestly rather surprised. When I write barbed stuff about tv folk, tv folk tend to, like, laugh."

So was it just a harmless and mainly comedy rooted column or was it something that we journalists should be up in arms about.

Leaving my opinions out of it, here's the column in question for you to decide: http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2011/apr/18/phone-tapping-victims-tabloid-hacks

Until Next Time. Stay Classy Internet.

2 comments:

  1. Journos, no apostrophe. Apart from that, keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment. I've corrected it now.

    Thanks again, I like to think I'm doing fairly good work but it's nice to hear.

    ReplyDelete