Saturday 24 December 2011

The Last WINOL of the Year

It's a sad day writing this blog as it means we've had the last WINOL of this year. It's been a long but enjoyable year so far; whilst WINOL has been difficult sometimes, and there's no doubt it has, I think everyone on the team can take a few lessons from our mistakes and our triumphs.

The week on WINOL started like any other, a debrief from our November 30th extravaganza gave us some confidence to go into a normal WINOL as prepared as we've ever been. The news was a little slow that week, meaning our stories weren't necessarily as big as they had been in previous bulletins, (there was no Hampshire Police story that's for sure). But even so, the news reporters got their stories in as quick as they could and the show ran almost too smoothly. I kept assuming something would go wrong but we had calm direction from Dan who never seems fazed even when everything is going wrong around us, as it often does. I actually spent the bulletin down on the floor in the studio, cuing Aimee on sport who was without talkback, one of our few actual issues. It gave me a different perspective on the bulletin as I was being directed on the camera and wasn't a part of the gallery and the goings on in there. I was pretty pleased with my part on the bulletin, (of course I did straplines again, I de-centered the names and titles because I thought it looked better and no one complained so happy days), the framing on camera 3 was wrong but that is something that should have been sorted before we started. I was on camera 2 and did the move before and after the handover successfully and cued Aimee at the right time so I don't think anyone can expect more than that on camera.

I also filmed the last WINOL Games of the year, not quite as auspicious but I've really enjoyed working on that and hopefully it'll continue after the New Year.

Until Next Time. Stay Classy Internet.

No comments:

Post a Comment